Vivez Bien * Live Well

Friday, May 3, 2013

Blue Velvet







"She wore Blue Velvet 
Bluer than velvet was the night
Softer than satin was the light 
From the stars"





I used to think velvet was somewhat old-fashioned, something that was found in granny's house but had no place in mine. How wrong I was! It may be luxurious and sumptuous  but somehow lends itself to almost any style of interior. 



I love this room...the blue chairs look great combined with the neutrals, and the contrast of the velvet with the rustic wood and wicker is perfect.



Love this oversized headboard.


 A pretty mix of different shades of blue.


Again, velvet combined with a rustic brick floor.


Such a sweet corner of a nursery.






I wonder if the parrot was chosen to match the sofa or vice versa. Doesn't the gorgeous golden retriever look so at home?

So inviting!


Well, this isn't exactly blue, but so pretty I had to include it!






See how your eye is immediately drawn to the blue velvet chair.


Till next time

Sharon x

Image source: 1-4 Tumblr, 5. Casa Decorada 6. The Gables Antiques, 7. Tiny White Daisies 8. Houzz 9. Chapman Interiors, 10. Angie Helm Interiors 11. Martha Stewart 12. Justine Taylor Tumblr 13. Source unknown 14. Scott Himmel




7 comments:

  1. Sharon...very pretty..I love the day bed in that gorgeous blue....I always think of song by Elvis Presley...Blue swede shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore blue velvet and especially dark blue velvet tufted furniture. The photo's make me want to go curl up in a chair and read all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS Sharon! I LOVE velvet and in blue its particularly fabulous. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon,
    I always liked that song! These are very pretty examples of blue velvet.
    Have a great weekend.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely images. My favorites are the ones where ornate furniture pieces upholstered in velvet are combined with rustic elements. It just show that we should keep an open mind when designing. We might surprise ourselves.
    Best for a lovely weekend...Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true Sharon...I am not a fan of this shade of blue but you have piqued my interest!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved all of this Sharon--plus there is that lovely salon at...La Bastide du Marie?
    But David Lynch ruined that song for me with his movie! :O

    ReplyDelete