Vivez Bien * Live Well

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Monday Musings - Steel Doors and Windows




I have been having a problem with my internet connection lately so haven't been visiting my favourite blogs as much as usual, but we seem to be sorted now so I can resume my favourite past-time! I have also noticed a number of new people have started following my blog recently. A big welcome and thank-you to you and I will try and make it worth your while. 


Via Brunch at Saks Blog

What do you think about steel windows? When I was growing up, steel windows were considered less than desirable and anyone who had steel windows, replaced them with wooden ones when they could. In fact, steel windows were only really considered appropriate for factories or other commercial purposes. How things change! I am in love with steel windows now, not the poky little type, but big expanses of window or door, preferably with black or grey steel frames. Here are some great examples. 


Via Veranda

Via Elle Decor

Via Architectural Digest


Via Georgiana Design on Tumblr

Via Georgiana Design on Tumblr


Via Pinterest

Via Velvet and Linen

Via Pinterest

Via Velvet and Linen

Via Things that Inspire Blog

Via Things that Inspire Blog


Via Pinterest

Source Unknown

Via Marcus Design Inc Blog

Via Limestone and Boxwoods Blog

Via Pinterest

Via Henhurst Interiors
I love everything about this picture, the grey steel doors and windows, the chairs, the rustic wooden table outside, the garden!


Via Desire to Inspire Blog

Via Pinterest

Via Crush Cul de Sac on Tumblr

Via Cote de Texas

Via Belle Vivr Blog

Via Belgian Pearls


Via Providence Ltd


Love, love, love this idea for a shower. I wish I could redo my boys bathrooms.


Via Particular Poetry on Tumblr

Via The Home Collection on Tumblr

Via House of Mine on Tumblr

Wishing you a great week. Till next time,


Sharon x



21 comments:

  1. I love this post! I don't know what it is, but there is something magical about the windows. Very theatrical but warm at the same time.
    It's nice to see you again, my friend!

    xo
    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove the steel windows! (Well in photos, I've never actually seen them in person.) I especially love the giant ones with an arch at the top! So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mix of industrial steel with natural wood and stone.
    That look is very popular at Renovation Hardware over here in America.
    You always show us magnificent, Sharon.
    Have a lovely week!
    ~Lynne
    w/L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how they look but I´m a low maintance kind of girl.... I think I´d end up changing them if I had to paint them every year.
    Wonderful pictures!!

    www.tatianadoria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, What a treat! I absolutely love steel windows and doors. I could save every image...So beautiful. I've been so out of touch. It's great to just stop by and say hello!! I hope everything is great with you. XO, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sharon

    Those are all beautiful windows and doors. What is extra appealing is the height of the ceilings.
    Thank for sharing. Looking through these windows frames the view beautifully, like a painting

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love steel windows and wish they went with the style of our home. I love their look and all the natural light they let in, just beautiful. Love this post too!

    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all these images and the steel windows look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a HUGE fan. I love neutral interiors, similar to you, so I think the black metal looks so amazing - it adds a masculine, strong look alongside the neutrals for a perfect combination!!! Hope you're well Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are gorgeous steel windows especially the huge ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharon you found so many amazing examples of doors and window in steel. I agree I love them!!

    They give an old world feel somehow.

    I have a feature Interview on my site with Tina from The Enchanted Home...

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in LOVE with them too!
    I'm renovating and I'm using all black metal windows and french doors.. They ones you showed here on your blog are steel. The look is Fabulous.
    Have a beautiful Wednesday!
    xo,
    Gail
    casualloveselegance

    ReplyDelete
  13. How did I miss your Monday musings..love the windows...I so wanted to add one somewhere in our home, actually did, but then removed it again, it did not fit in with the rest of the style, sadly...also think it was at the point one reach in a building project where some ideas and visions fall through- just wanting to finish and get on with "life stuff other than building"
    Have a love lovely week in our sunny Afrique du Sud! Colx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Steel doors and frames and wish all people like it. I love their look and all the natural light.


    Thank you so much for sharing informative information.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sharon,
    So happy to have found your blog.
    Love steel windows and the images you have found are simply wonderful.
    Hope you have a lovely day.
    Lizx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sharon, you have collected some great images of steel windows. What a great blog, very pleased to have discovered it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sharon I have never seen such a beautiful blog, I don't think I have seen anything that I didn't love, or at least would love to just walk through! Thank you for sharing your discerning eye.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I don’t get why people needed to replace their steel windows with wooden ones. Look at these amazing photos! Steel windows go perfectly with every part of the house. I was mesmerized looking at every photo here. They made your house look very relaxing and peaceful. This is really nice!

    Ronald Miller

    ReplyDelete
  19. I, too, am a fan of steel doors and windows. I think steel and glass paired together make for a very modern style that is surely to last as a favorite for a long time to come. Steel is very easy to redecorate and mold, so it’s great for use as window frames. These are really great pictures, and I’m sure many people will get some pretty great ideas from these.

    ReplyDelete
  20. All of the interiors are not just about doors and windows. The interiors as a whole make such a harmony.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, all of them are so amazing. A combination of glass and steel is capable of creating wonders.
    I love all the designs. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete