Vivez Bien * Live Well

Thursday, August 25, 2011

ABOUT TIME

"But at my back I always hear ........ Time's wing-ed chariot hurrying near"

My high school English teacher would often quote this line from a poem by the British poet, Andrew Marvell, and at the time I remember wondering why adults always seem to have this thing about time.




Via here


Then I reached adulthood myself, and it all became clear. Time, or more specifically the lack of it, was an issue.


Via here

What if I don't do everything that I want to do before I go to meet my maker! 



Via here

Why is it that there always seems more to be done than there is time to do it in?



Via here

Maybe we try to fit in too much, or perhaps want things to be too perfect ....


Via here

Or is there too much available to us, too many new things to try, too many great books to read, places to travel to?


Via here

Why, when we live in an era of so many modern conveniences... everything can be done with the touch of a button...  we seem to have so much less leisure time than previous generations? Or is it that our supposed leisure time has lost its value. In other words things that should be for pleasure likes cooking, exercise, gardening or walking the dog, become chores that have to be done.



Via here

But it's not only about things that have to be done, it's also about things that we want to do. Things that feed our souls or satisfy our creative urges. I have files full of recipes I would like to try out, blogs to read, a head full decorating ideas that I want to implement, blogs to read,  languages to learn, paintings that I want to paint, places that I would like to visit and, did I mention, blogs to read. The list is endless.



Via here

What I would really like to do is stop the clock for a while. Maybe once a month or so, the universe could just throw in a little bonus day or two. So that we can all catch up or even get ahead (imagine that!)

Via here


Am I asking too much do you think?

 


Via here

Thanks for taking the TIME to read my ramblings!

Till next time

Sharon x 

12 comments:

  1. Oh Sharon, how true that is! I often think that I will not have enough life to do what I want to do, so many books to read, blogs, etc. I love painting but don't have time, would love to walk every day in the mornin, nope, no time. I guess I'll quit working may be that'll help :)
    Have a lovely day!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon I keep forgetting to tell you how much I like your new header! Love those big ole clocks and I LOVE that 2nd to last room even more!! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I think that's a great idea! Surely the universe could do that for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that...a bonus day or two. I always think of the line "stop and smell the roses." We have to be conscious of what is important. Beautiful post. I do love clock faces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We totally agree! We feel like we can never get caught up. Seems as if time is slipping away and we are not accomplishing all the things that we want to.
    Angela and Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea for a post! And I laughed out loud when I read your list of things to get done - including reading blogs...they do seem to absorb a lot of my time too - and there are always more to discover! So glad I discovered yours recently. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful images and even nicer words!!!! great post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i’d love about the little bonus “time" from the universe! made me smile...
    love this post so much Sharon - for your words and for the beautiful collection of clocks, which i have a weakness for !
    xo sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent post and images dear Sharon.....mmmm, even now when I am forced to take time out due to unfortunate fall, I still don't have time to do what I would like to do and that is possible with restricted mobility...does that make sence?! Have a lovely week XOXO Colette

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post and like you always so much to do and not enough time. Every once in a while I have to get off the merry-go-round like today and let everything go and do what I want to do and right now that’s playing on my favorite blogs! I hope you're having a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glade I found your blog. I was looking at a lot of your older posts. You have some amazing photos. Great clocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sharon. I am so glad that I made the time to catch up on older posts that I have missed from my favourite blogs! I absolutely love all the pictures of the clocks, especially the oversized ones. We are all in the same boat with this time busniness. My kids have left home and I thought that it would make a huge difference but I am back to begin again! Although I do get more time for the things that I want to do the list is endless...Have a great weekend. I think we might have to break out the canoe to get about here in the North!
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete